Permission Requests

Alterations and Improvements

If you wish to make any changes to your property, you must obtain permission from Homes for Life first. All requests for changes must be submitted to the Company either in writing or by downloading and completing the Permission for Alterations-Improvement document, and signing this before returning it to the office. If you make any changes without permission, we will ask you to return the property to its original state. If you fail to do so, the Company will arrange for this to be done and will charge you for doing so.

The most common requests for alterations are:
  • Installation of satallite dish
  • Laying of laminate flooring
  • Installation of a shower
  • Erection of garden shed
Please remember that you must wait until you receive a confirmation letter from us before any alterations are made. You may be entitled to Compensation for Improvement.

Sub-let or Lodger request

Similarly, if you wish to sub-let your property or take in a lodger or partner, you must either inform us in writing or complete the appropriate Permission to sub-let or Permission for lodger or partner form and return to the office.>


If you wish to keep a domestic pet check section 2 of your Tenancy Agreement. Please contact the office if you require clarification of this.